Friday, March 28, 2008

Golf and Grandpa


Gary’s dream is to play all the top golf courses in North America. So last weekend, Gary and I headed off to North Carolina for a golf trip. We stayed at2 beautiful resorts while we were there- The Umstead Resort and The Pinehurst Resort. Pinehurst has been around since 1895. We had a great time. Gary played 3 rounds of golf-including top rated course No.2- which I walked with him (it’s about 3 miles and takes about 4 ½ hours because of the golfing). I played 1 round of golf- It was pretty fun, but I am so bad. The lessons I took last summer were great, but I haven’t practiced. We had some very nice dinners at the resorts—Gary also treated me to Ruth’s Chris. Obviously we hit the spa as well---RELAXING!!!
In case you weren’t paying attention, Gary and I headed off---not the kids. Grandpa took care of the kids for me. They had a great time. I’m sure my dad is exhausted…just getting the kids out of bed in the am is work. He had to do it at least 3 times- 2 for school and 1 for 9am church, pus all the activities: cupcakes to school for Jessica’s birthday celebration, School, Disneyland, Zoo, Jessica’s birthday, Maddie’s birthday party, Horton Hears a Who movie, and Easter Sunday just to name a few!

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Oh come on!!!! We want to see the car!!! Are you going to the park?