Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update:





It's been awhile and I am going to try and be better. We have had a good start to the fall. The weather is great. Baseball is in full swing with pratices and games each week. Jake moved up to Bronco league this year and we are glad that Fall ball is more of a learning experience to get him ready for Spring Ball. He plays for the Diamondbacks and they aren't the greatest team, but he is learning alot. We have been to Disneyland, of course, a few times. Jessica and I went alone one day because the guys were gone. Jake and Gary went camping in the Sequoia's where they hiked 14 miles, saw 2 bears and cut their trip short one night due to freezing temps. We didn't go anywhere for Fall Break for the first time in a few years, but went to The Long Beach Aquarium, Chuck E cheese and Disneyland. The week after fall break, Jake went with the 5th and 6th graders at school to Camp High Trails, where they had a great time and learned fun things about animals, nature and science. I read The Wednesday Sisters and Tangerine for my two book clubs and they were both good reads. I've also read Phantom Tollbooth, Three Cups of Tea, and Comfort Food. I'm also working on my trip scrapbook and I'm about 1/2 way done (thanks to my weekly get togethers with Jaimee). I've been to the allergist now to get some relief for my breathing a persistant cough and hopefully we are finding a long term solution. And last, but not least, my children have had a case of the swine flu. Symptons: HIGH fever, Fatigue, cough and aches. They have been out of school this whole week and hope to return next week. (Jake is fever free finally today..Jess hoping for tomorrow?) We are doing good and hope that this updates everyone who might be curious, but at least gets my "journaling" up to date.

No comments: