Saturday, January 26, 2008

Garth Brooks Returns in Concert--Special Eyewitness: Michelle

About 2p on Friday, Jan 25, Gary calls me and says there's an extra tkt to the Garth Brooks concert for that night floating around the office and if I want it, it's mine.!!! So I go to the concert with one of his co-workers and have a GREAT Time!!! It was awesome..he sang all the good old songs-Friends in Low Places, Rodeo, The Dance, Unanswered Prayers...pretty much all of his ultimate hits, Trisha came to sing their duet and then sang Walk Away Joe, Huey Lewis came to sing Workin for a Living and another of his songs...during the encore, Garth did a tribute to all the singer/songwriters that influenced him thru the years- George Strait (Amarillo By Morning), George Jones, Cat Stevens, Jim Croce and a few others. He sang his heart out for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't go to the live performance, just the concert after which didn't start until 10p...but it was worth it.

4 comments:

The Queen said...

Yeah! I am so excited you have a blog now!!!! :) And fun concert! Loi and I watched a little bit of it on TV.

Michelle said...

I can't believe you got to go. I love Garth Brooks. You seriously scored...

Lyndee said...

Michelle this is Lyndee. How are you. I am so excited you started a blog.

Gina Deceuster said...

Sounds like an excellent concert! I'm intrigued by people who are born talented. All time fave GB song... "We Shall Be Free."